Saturday, June 26, 2010

Man up!

When it rains, it pours.

And when there's sunshine? There's so much sunshine that it burns your face off, I guess. If burning your face off was really, really fun.

Because watching your husband win over and over and over? Is really, really fun.

It's been a good weekend. Today was the beginning of the new tournament season, and because Jack tested for his 6th degree on Thursday, he competed with the 6th degree Masters today. Oh my cow, that ring is so far above the ring he came from. These guys are scary good. The scary being mostly during sparring.

This morning, Jack told me he was thinking about just doing forms and weapons and skipping the sparring.

"Why not? Are you feeling okay?" I asked.

"No, I'm fine, these guys are just really good," he responded. "I'm going to get my butt kicked."

Yes, he was. I summoned my inner-supportive wife and responded as any supportive, loving wife would.

"Whatever, Jack," I told him. "That's a dumb reason. Man up and spar. Stop being such a wuss."

Wife of the year ladies and gentlemen. Sorry boys, I'm taken. And of course, the cherry on top was when I told him that it didn't even matter if he got hurt now since he already won world champion.

Oh yeah, except for that I don't want you to get hurt. Did I not mention that? Oh. Sorry.

But my motivational talk worked, because he did spar. And yeah, okay, he got kicked in the head a lot.



And he flew across the ring more than once.



And he lost 5 to 1. But at least he got a point.



And at least he's not a wuss.

Although, I guess he's not really that much of a wuss anyway. Because in addition to winning world champion two days ago?



He won third in weapons today.



Yeah. In the Master's ring.



Which puts him in the top ten again in weapons. In the Master's ring.



Guess he's not such a wuss after all.
blog comments powered by Disqus