Sunday, July 4, 2010

First love



Ahh, a kick in the pants. It's what we all need sometimes, isn't it? My lovely and talented friend Sara started a "You Create" series on her blog, and I'm so excited that she did. Sometimes it's just what we need to get going (or get finishing) some projects we want to do!

I joined digital scrapooking design teams because it was a creative outlet and it was a way to get some scrapbook layouts done with none of the mess, half the time, and a fraction of the expense. And it has been a blast. I've gotten more layouts done than I ever thought possible, and I will cherish them.

But the paper?



It's so close to my heart. What with its many textures.



And the dimension.



And so many options.



And of course, there's the journaling in your own handwriting. And I'm not really a huge fan of my handwriting, but there's something to be said for doing it. The fact that your family can look back at it after you're gone and see a part of you that you left. You just can't get that with digital.

Photobucket

(Click image for more detail. Paper and ribbon by The Paper Studio, Ink on the word "world": Stampabilities, Heart stamper: Creative Memories, Title fonts: Rockwell Extra bold and Viner Hand ITC)

(I created this layout for the Lasting Memories Layout Challenge Blog, for which I'm on the design team (this week's challenge is red white and blue, and if you create a layout and link up, you have the opportunity to win some fun prizes!). It's nice to have an excuse to get back into paper. It's definitely more creative and more rewarding than digital, and I'm glad for the opportunity to create on this team!)
blog comments powered by Disqus