Monday, July 19, 2010

Get down

Jack, Shane, and Cassandra went golfing while we were in Vail this weekend, and since I'm not a golfer, I took pictures while they played. Lots of pictures. I was glad I had read through the Two Peas photo lessons the week before, because this was a great opportunity to practice a few of the simple things I learned about photography there.

Here's one of my favorite composition "tools" - changing your perspective by getting lower or higher than your subject. Here are a few examples (I haven't had a chance to edit any photos yet though):


 
I was standing up when I took this one


 I was crouched in the same spot when I took this one. I like this one a lot better (though Jack said he likes the first better).



I was standing up when I took this one


 I was crouched in the same spot when I took this one. Again, I love the sky in the background on these crouched ones. But it's all a matter of preference! That's the great thing about photography!
 


For this one, I was flat on my belly behind him so I could get the mountains and sky in front of him.
 

It's definitely something small you can think about that changes the look of your photos quite a bit!

What's your favorite photography tip?
blog comments powered by Disqus