Monday, August 2, 2010

In which I am too tired to think of a clever title

It's 102 degrees in Dallas. When I got off the airplane today, I was a little surprised by it. And it was all "Mandy, you idiot, I'm summer in Dallas! You and I have been friends all your life! Why are you surprised?" And I was like, "sorry, summer in Dallas, I forgot for a minute. I remember now. You're hot."

I'm going home today. And I'm really looking forward to it. I say "I'm going home" rather than "I'm at home" because I am an idiot. A very, very big idiot.

My parents are driving back from Wyoming at the end of the week, but I had to work before then, so I flew back this afternoon. I had a great flight (after re-booking it when I was stupid the first time and gave myself a 10-hour layover in Denver). The flights went perfectly. Hardly any turbulence, the time passed quickly, I got a lot done on my laptop, and even though there was a short layover scare since my first was delayed on the runway, it ended up not being as long of a trek to the next gate than I had anticipated and I arrived at the gate
three minutes after they started boarding, so I basically just walked onto my next plane. Perfection. And when I landed in Dallas, I was so relieved to be going home. It had been a long weekend with little rest, lots of emotional stress, and lots of travel. I would probably go right to bed after picking up the dogs.

I walked off the plane to ground transportation, where I waited for the bus to the remote parking lot (am cheap). It was such an easy trip because I had left my rolling bag with all my clothes in it with my parents to take home in the car. It was just me and my backpack full of the week's essentials. Laptop, makeup, hairbrush, camera, and book. What a great way to travel.

When I got to my car, I froze. Before I tried to unlock it, I realized that Ihad left my car key in the suitcase.

In my parents' car.

In Wyoming.

So here I am, waiting for Jack to come pick me up at the remote parking lot at the Dallas airport. I did find an outlet for my laptop in the little bus terminal and I have a little cricket friend on the floor who I have decided to let live thanks in part to my friend Jessica's humane ways and in another part to my illogically deciding that
the cricket might be some other little cricket's grandcricket and it's really not fun when your grandcricket dies.

Trust me on that one.
blog comments powered by Disqus