Saturday, September 11, 2010

Currently

  • Sitting in a house that smells like dogs.
  • Not enjoying that smell.
  • Thinking about how I don't usually smell things so the smell must be that much worse for regular people.
  • I wonder why my sense of smell isn't so good.
  • I have to be careful not to say "I don't smell very good" when I tell people that.
  • But how would I know if I don't smell very good? 
  • My sense of smell isn't very good, after all.
  • Maybe it's genetic?
  • My dad's sense of smell isn't great either.
  • He could smell the bushes outside our church though when I was growing up.
  • He always made a big deal about it.
  • I seem to have to have gotten off topic.
  • Full from eating at BJ's Brewhouse
  • Elated that BJ's has an incredible buffalo chicken pizza, which means less trips to Cici's when Jack is craving that.
  • Cici's is gross.
  • Wondering if anybody else has had the triple chocolate pizookie at BJ's Brewhouse.
  • Fantasizing about the triple chocolate Pizookie I just ate.
  • It's made with Ghirardelli chocolate, you guys.
  • Oh my cow, it was so good.
  • It was really the only reason I got up from my nap and went to dinner in the first place when Jack called me at 9 p.m.
  • Thinking I may have a Pizookie Addiction.
  • Is there a Pizookie Anonymous?
  • Hi, I'm Mandy, and it's been 40 minutes since my last Pizookie.
  • (Hi, Mandy.)
  • Do people really do the "Hi, so-and-so" part of that in AA in real life?
  • Discovered I'm famous.
  • And by "famous," I mean, I found out one person I know reads my blog (Hi, Lauren!)
  • She seemed pretty embarrassed about that.
  • Can't say as I blame her.
  • Don't worry, Lauren, I won't tell anybody.
  • Jack keeps saying things about the taekwondo magazine he's reading.
  • He says a lot of things in general.
  • How many words is a wife obligated to listen to per day when her husband talks?
  • Surely there's a maximum.
  • The man has a lot of words.
  • Then again, so do I.
  • But behold! My words are in neat little bullet points tonight! 
  • Gives the illusion of organization, yes?
  • Even though at this point it really makes no sense at all.
  • We got a rental car for free from the insurance company.
  • Well, the insurance company is paying for it. 
  • It's actually from a rental car company.
  • It's an SUV.
  • I guess that makes it a rental SUV.
  • I'm not used to driving giant vehicles such as this.
  • I will probably crash it into something.
  • It's been a good few days since one of our vehicles was smashed somehow.
  • (See also: "If a tree falls on Mandy's car in the woods and nobody is there to see it, is it still all smashed?")
  • (Yes.)
  • I fell asleep on the couch last night.
  • I awoke at 4 a.m. to something crawling on me.
  • I screamed like a girl.
  • (I'm really starting to think I am a girl.)
  • That something was a roach.
  • (See also: NATURE IS STILL ATTACKING MANDY.)
  • Jack is convinced that it was a beetle.
  • (He is wrong.)
  • Either way, though, I stand by my girl-scream.
  • Tomorrow is Saturday, which means I get to sleep in.
  • But even better than that, Jack has to work early.
  • It's sweet justice that one day a week, I finally get to stay in bed while he drags his butt out of bed for work early.
  • Also, there is no place like the middle of the bed. Using his pillow.
  • For some reason his pillow is better than mine.
  • I smell a conspiracy.
  • Actually, I smell dogs.
  • (See first bullet point.)
blog comments powered by Disqus