Friday, October 15, 2010

PISSY!?

Tonight was date night. Jack and I enjoyed a nice meal and a little game of Pictionary at Macaroni Grill (ps, I love crayons and tables you can draw on at restaurants. I am six.)

As is normally the case, we wanted to stop and get coffee on our way home from dinner, so we headed over to our favorite coffee shop in town. Jack turned on the radio to catch the end of the Ranger's game and I tweeted my epic drawing from the night's Pictionary game to see if anybody knew what it was (since Jack absolutely did not during the game and blamed my drawing abilities).

"It's going to be nice this weekend when I can watch the Cowboys game without you getting upset," he said as I thumbed through my Facebook notifications on my phone.

"Oh yeah! I don't have to be there when you get all pissy when they lose," I mumbled.

We lapsed into silence as Jack listened to his game and I played with my phone, when all of the sudden I snapped my head up and looked at Jack, wide-eyed.

"PISSY!?" I asked, loudly, as Jack stared back quizzically. "Did you just call me pissy?"

Jack stared at me blankly as I stared back, waiting for an answer.

"No," he responded slowly. "You just called me pissy."

All of the sudden, I remembered how it had just happened and we both burst into fits of uncontrollable laughter. When I finally caught my breath several minutes later, I looked at him again.

"Are you still going to love me when I'm crazy?" I asked, wiping the tears of laughter from my cheeks.

"Oh sweetie," he cooed, "I do love you. But you're already crazy."

I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"CRAZY!?" he loudly exclaimed a moment later. "DID YOU JUST CALL ME CRAZY?"
blog comments powered by Disqus