Tuesday, January 25, 2011

In sickness and in health and in stress and in stupid

My co-workers asked me how the school purchase is going today. We've had some setbacks (actually, it's more like "setback after setback after setback") and are basically just trying to stay above water what with the banks and the lawyers and the contracts and the moving and the lions and the tigers and the bears OH MY! All I remember about trying to explain this to my co-workers was just saying "we're really tired" over and over.

Every day Jack runs around, calling people and moving things and generally performing ulcer-inducing amounts of activities, and then he goes to his regular job and I go to my regular job, and then we come home and we work on contracts or websites or related ulcer-inducing work until about 2 in the morning.

So yeah. We're really tired.

Which makes me think that maybe I have an excuse for being so stupid.

Like, yesterday, when I went out to my car, which was parked outside since our garage is full of freshly-painted wood which will become the cubbies in the new school.

Oh yeah. We painted all weekend.

Anyway. I get out to my car, which, did I mention was outside? And found this:




So obviously, I was going to be late for work. Because my stupid car had to heat up and defrost the window so I could, you know, not die on the way to work.

So there I sat. For five minutes. Then ten minutes. Maggie and I were still shivering and there were only small melted patches at the bottom of my windshield. Maybe I should call in to work and tell them I'm running late because there's ice on my windshield.

And then he appeared. The boy. The boy I like. You know the one. He looked through my window, head cocked to the side and eyebrow up.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"I have to wait for my car to heat up and melt the ice on my windshield," I sulked.

Jack furrowed his brow.

"Awwwww," he sighed, and opened up the door to his truck. He rummaged around in his console for a moment, and emerged a moment later with a Starbucks gift card. I watched wide-eyed as he walked in front of my car, placed the magic gift card onto the windsheild, and began scraping.




It was clear within 30 seconds.

WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS TRICK?

I mean, I knew you could scrape ice with, like, an ice scraper. But I live in Texas. So I don't own one of those. So I assumed that I would have to just defrost it.

It appears, there was a more efficient method of removing the ice. You learn something new every day.
blog comments powered by Disqus