Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Why are we doing this again?

It's late, and Jack's filling out a personal financial statement for something having to do with the school purchase. And then he needs to fill something else out. And work on something else. And then something else.

"I'm so tired!" he says, "and I still need to finish blah blah blah blah and blah blah blah."

Alright, so maybe I'm not the best listener at midnight. Or, okay, ever.

"It's okay," I console Jack. "Pretty soon this will all be over and we won't have any more work."

We both burst into laughter.

"No, actually, it's going to be worse when I own the school," Jack replies. I already know.

"Well, at least we'll be making lots of money," I say.

We burst into laughter again.

"Nope, that won't happen any time soon either," Jack replies. I already know that too.

"So... why are we doing this again?" I ask.

"I have no idea," Jack replied.

Neither do I.
blog comments powered by Disqus