Tuesday, March 15, 2011

We need more sleep.

Today Jack went to Target to return an iPod he had bought this weekend for the taekwondo school. The model he got wasn't correct, so he wanted to exchange it for one that would work with the remote control.

"Can I help you?" the lady at the front counter said.

"Yes, I need to return this," Jack said, and handed her the iPod.

"Alright, sir, do you have your receipt?" she asked. He handed that to her as well.

"Um, sir?" she said, staring at the receipt, "You can't return this here."

Jack furrowed his brow.

"Why not?" he asked.

"Because this is a receipt for Best Buy," she replied.

Evidently, they don't take things back at Target that you bought at Best Buy.

So much for a great return policy.

--

Later, I was telling Jack about the pork loin I had put in the oven that morning.

"I'm kind of concerned it won't cook since it was still a little frozen this morning," I said.

"Did you put it in the living room?" he asked, absent-mindedly.

I stared at him for a moment, and he stared back, waiting for my answer.

"Did I... put it in the living room?" I repeated. Jack burst into laughter as I continued. "No, honey, I didn't put the pork loin in the living room. I put it in the kitchen. In the oven in the kitchen."

Jack was still laughing. "I meant the crock pot," he said. "I don't know why I said living room."

We laughed for a while, but really, it's not a far jump to wonder whether the food is in the living room, since our game room still pretty much looks like this:



And moths are still hanging out in our empty pantry.

I think it's probably just time to move.

At least all the food's already packed up.
blog comments powered by Disqus