Friday, February 17, 2012

I am not good at typing on a tablet and other tales

I am taking a break from cleaning to blog from my new tablet. Jack surprised me with it yesterday, and it's all kinds of fancy. It's a Droid OS, which I'm really liking but it's taking me forever to type because I don't really know where things are on this platform. Oh well, no time like the present to learn, I guess.

Speaking of learning, Jack is currently ripping a CD semi-by-himself for the first time. I am walking him through it from across the room but I feel that this is a really important "teach a man to fish" moment. Mostly because I do not want to get up from the couch. Next, I'm going to make him sync his own iPhone. Seriously, this is actually something he has never done on his own before. And the fact that I feeling ridiculously smug about my having not lost it on him yet after answering about a hundred questions about how to install iTunes is a true testimant to just how incredibly, incredibly, incredibly impatient and douchey that I usually am. It's a really good thing I'm not a teacher.

So, the cleaning. Earlier this evening I was going to tweet how I love it when my OCD friend Brittany comes into town because my house gets really, really clean. And then I thought maybe people would think that I was making her clean my house.

But I don't make her clean my house. That would be really mean, actually, since anything unsanitary or that she perceives as unsanitary really freaks her out. I learned a few quirks of her OCD when I rudely insisted that I stay in her room for the rest of the trip at my brother's house after a mouse attacked me in my bed (I would link to that post about the mouse but I do not know how in the Blogger tablet app. I am lost, here [Oh, look, here it is!]). I didn't realize just how much any dirt, any dirt at all, freaked her out until then.

So, obviously, my house gets really clean before she visits. Ain't nothin' like somebody to notice every flaw to turn you into Martha Stewart. I actually kind of like the challenge... I like to think that someday, maybe I'll get my house so immaculate that Brittany will, at least for a second, consider going barefoot in her bedroom. It's a tall order, and it will probably never happen, but a girl can dream.

In other news, it was my friend Joel's last day at work today. This is a terribly depressing blog topic as he is one of my very favorite people in the whole world and I will likely not be seeing him any more ever since he lives far away. So, just forget I said anything about that. We don't need to talk about it.

I completely realize that this has been quite a boring blog post, but since its main purpose was for me to try typing something longer than a GroupMe message on the tablet and avoiding cleaning (You thought my purpose was to write interesting, witty posts that would entertain you? Well I am not your clown. Move along now. Nothing to see here.) , I think I have accomplished my purpose here.

Check, and check.
blog comments powered by Disqus