Thursday, March 15, 2012

There is no cohesive way to title this post.

You know how you ask somebody how they're doing, and they're like "I'm SO BUSY." Or, even worse, when they say "I'm tired."

I find that irritating. Everybody's busy. Everybody's tired. It's called "life."

But, you know, if you were wondering why I never blog anymore, OH MAH COW I AM SO BUSY.

See what I did there? Annoying, wasn't it?

But, true, nonetheless. So, I present to you, bullet-point post. Yay!

  • I turned 26 on Sunday. I'm supa-old now. For my birthday, I asked for BikeMS donations and I'm linking to that once again because I am intensely shameless.

  • What I did not ask for but TOTALLY GOT was the Kitchen Aid mixer that I tweeted about a while back. Just showed up at my door a few days later with the note "Happy beautiful appliance birthday, mofo." That kind of super-sentimental note can only come from my brother and sister-in-law. I texted him that he spent too much money and he texted back "I Grandma Barbara'd your ass!" Haha. So true. So true.

  • I made banana chocolate chip muffins and I think the Kitchen Aid and I are going to be VERY HAPPY TOGETHER.

  • I have been working from home twice a week. It is so ridiculously awesome. I'm a very big fan of the "roll out of bed, walk to dining room, start editing" thing. A very big fan indeed. Plus, I'm at least 50% more productive at home on account of not having friends to play with here.

  • I miss my workie friends. But it's still not worth putting on real pants to go to work and see them on my work from home days.

  • Jack has started running. He's all "I want to be in shape, and healthy." What a weirdo. And you know how the only thing worse than running is listening people talk about running? He and I used to agree on this! What is happening!? Who is this man??

  • However, he runs on the mornings that I work from home, so I have been enjoying watching the show. He gets up, gets into his running clothes, spends about 20 minutes telling me he doesn't want to run, plays on the computer, and then sings the Rocky theme song for a little while, then finally leaves. It is quite a process.

  • The first day he came back from his run, he collapsed on the floor and sang the Rocky theme song. Now he asks that I have it cued up on my computer for when he comes back so he can do the Rocky "arms up in the air prancing around" thing when he gets home.

  • I took a video of it Tuesday. He would not like me sharing that here. But he probably wouldn't like that I'm telling you any of this anyway.

  • No really, I'm not posting it here.

  • (He's so darn cute though.)

  • My nephew, Devin, arrives in about 3 weeks. This is SUCH A BEST CASE SCENARIO. My mom gets her grandbaby, I get to play with and spoil one, and I do zero pushing to make it happen. SCORE. Yay, Cassandra!

  • The other day at dinner, Jack and I started listing off all the trips we have scheduled, and I realized why people are always like "You travel ALL THE TIME!" March is Vegas. April is Colorado. May Jack has Little Rock. June we have Little Rock again. July I have Indiana. August we have San Fransisco. October we have Orlando. Holy wow.

  • Five out of seven of those trips are takewondo-related.

  • The school is going well. People ask me that sometimes - "how's the school going?" And I'm like "THERE ARE SO MANY STUDENTS." Because there are. Which is supremely awesome, especially since every one of them are super-nice and amazing. We currently have the largest ATA school in Texas. I mean, woah.

  • So, uh, BikeMS is happening in less than 2 months. I don't want to talk about it.

  • Speaking of BikeMS, I was scheduling my hotel room for that weekend, so I logged on to Jack's Marriott account to get his Marriott number, and I saw his upcoming scheduled hotels - one for this weekend. That I didn't know about. That coincides with my previous weekend's birthday and the next weekend's anniversary (4 years, yo!). So, I plan on acting very, very surprised when he tells me to pack a bag this weekend and whisks me away for a relaxing birthaversary celebration. Surprise!!

  • Mah husband rocks.

  • I'm sorry you had to read that last bullet point. And the eleventh one too. That one was gross too.
blog comments powered by Disqus