Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Vegas and peanut butter, I guess.

  • Every time my dad opens a jar of peanut butter, he smells it. Because he really, really likes the smell of peanut butter.

  • Sometimes he opens peanut butter for the express purpose of smelling it.

  • That didn't have much to do with anything except that I was opening a jar of peanut butter today to spread it on celery and I smelled it. 

  • Yep. Still smells like peanut butter.

  • My mom used to spread peanut butter on Saltine crackers and put them in chicken noodle soup.

  • I know, I know, it sounds disgusting. But it's awesome. Just try it. I dare you.

  • No, seriously. It's good.

  • I was going to actually write about something other than peanut butter today.

  • Vegas! We went to Vegas!

  • We went for a takewondo tournament. Jack won first in forms and second in weapons in the Master's division. 

  • He is annoyingly good.

  • Vegas is kind of gross.

  • I know, I know. A lot of people like Vegas. But I had reasons for not liking it.

  • It was Spring Break week. Therefore, a lot of drunk college kids. A LOT of them.

  • I didn't even like drunk college kids when I was in college.

  • And Jack got us a hotel suite. It had a little living room and everything. And the bathroom was the size of our living room at home. 

  • AND THE CURTAINS HAD A REMOTE CONTROL OH MY COW.

  • I just wanted to stay in the aforementioned hotel suite at all times and read my book and look at the pretty, pretty view. Because I am super-cool like that.

  • (I am not super-cool. Like, at all.)

  • But he didn't let me stay inside the room! He wanted me to, like, LEAVE and stuff! And walk down the strip and look at things and eat at restaurants and things!

  • WHY would you ever want to do that?

  • What a weirdo.

  • During one such discussion about me not wanting to ever leave any room ever, I asked him if he wished he didn't have such a lame wife. He said "yeah, kind of."

  • At least it's just "kind of."

  • We also went to see Jersey Boys in Vegas. Oh my cow. So good. Definitely worth leaving the hotel suite for.

  • So, I got the tablet so that I could get a Kindle app so I could read my Kindle books on something bigger than my phone. And the Jack packed approximately 84 paper books in his carry on because he makes poor decisions.

  • And then they made me turn off my tablet during takeoff, so obviously I stole the paper book that he was about to read.

  • And darn it, it's really good. So now I am, once again, a slave to a paper book.

  • DARN YOU, TREES!

  • I'm sorry, trees, it's not your fault. In fact, I guess you're on my side on this one.
blog comments powered by Disqus